CMG Alliance is a leading government contract and business consulting firm that specializes in assisting companies in taking advantage of federal, state, and local contract opportunities. With a wealth of experience spanning over 20 years in government contract management and business consulting, CMG has established itself as a trusted partner for small and diverse businesses looking to secure contracts.
- CMG Alliance has successfully helped many small and diverse businesses win contracts, amassing over $186 million in total contract value.
- The firm’s extensive experience in the government contracting sector has allowed it to develop an in-depth understanding of the industry, enabling it to provide valuable insights and practical advice to its clients.
Whether you’re looking to expand your business through government contracts or need assistance with proposal development, CMG Alliance has the experience, resources, and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
CMG Alliance has worked with a diverse range of clients and programs over the years, including the L.A. Chamber ONELA, Local Initiative Support Corporation – LISC, Small Business Development Center (SBDC) National Reach Program, Southern California Edison’s Entrepreneurial Development Growth and Education (EDGE) program, and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Mentor Protégé Program.
With CMG’s guidance and support, small and diverse business contractors have been able to secure over $200 million worth of contracts in the last five years. CMG has also helped hundreds of businesses obtain various socioeconomic certifications, such as SBE, DVBE, WOSB, SDVOSB, ACDBE, MBE, DBE, LSEB, WBE, 8a, and others.
As a government contract and business consulting firm, CMG has managed over 50 large prime contractors from all industries, serving them as direct clients. With their extensive experience, knowledge, and expertise, CMG is well-equipped to help businesses of all sizes succeed in the world of government contracting.
Our team of specialty consultants have expertise in a wide range of fields such as information technology, accounting, operations management, federal contract management, contract law, FAR, business planning and marketing, technical writing, graphic design, web development, and more.
"We help your business succeed in winning government contracts."
CMG Alliance Founder and President
Rene Cota is the founder and principal owner of CMG Alliance, a government contract and business development firm specializing in government contract acquisitions for small and diverse businesses. He has over 15 years of experience in government contract management and program production and implementation, with expertise in government procurement policies and program development.
Rene is a proud Marine Corps combat veteran with two tours of duty in the Middle East. In addition to his work with CMG Alliance, he served as the Executive Director of the Disabled Veteran Business Alliance from 2016 to 2017 and sits on the Board of CalVet.
Rene’s contributions to the veteran and small business communities have been recognized through numerous awards and recognitions. He was awarded the 2015 Lou Zamperini award for Veteran entrepreneurship by the Disabled Veteran Business Alliance, named the 2015 Veteran Champion of the year by the Los Angeles SBA, and invited to be a judge by California DGS for the State Agency Recognition Awards (SARA).
Under Rene’s leadership, CMG Alliance has represented clients across all industry sectors, providing them with small business action plans and contract negotiation services. He has also developed training and small business programs for various organizations, including PTAC (Riverside Ca.), PTAC (Los Angeles Ca.), SBDC, Ascend LA, LA Area Chamber, Southern California Edison (VETS Program), LA Metropolitan Transportation Authority (DVBE Program, Mentor Protégé Program, and Metro Academy), Consulate General of Canada, and the Department of Labor (Veterans Economic Outreach Program).
With his diverse background and extensive experience, Rene is a valuable asset to the government contract and business development industry.
- Delivering government contracting protocol
- Government contact acquisition services
- Business development services
- Proposal development and support
- Mentor Protégé program development
- Developing government procurement policies and program designs
- Small business strategy development
- Federal, State and Local certification service
- Small business program creation
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program production and assessments
CMG Alliance has 12 consultants throughout the United States and has worked on various Federal, State and Utility contracts. CMG Alliance has experienced approximately 40% growth in revenue for fiscal year 2013, 60% growth from FY 2014 through FY 2016. Moreover, CMG has the financial stability to provide service to corporate clients, large utility, and government agencies.
Boards and Committees
CMG consultants also sit on various boards and councils through this effort. CMG personnel hold seats with California Veterans Administration CPUC Committee, Metropolitan Water District Advisory Council, California DGS Business Advisory Council, CalTrans District 7, 8 and 11 Advisory Council, Business Advisory Council and the Veterans Business Outreach Center Board of Directors.
CMG Alliance understands and has adopted a supplier and contractor responsibility policy with four focused values; safety, environmental, ethics-compliance programs and supplier diversity and community involvement. Our firm achieves policy compliance through training and community involvement.
- Established in 2007
- Headquarters: Chino Hills, CA
- CERTIFICATIONS: SBE, CERTIFIED DVBE #1312420, SDVOSB
- EIN: 47-4834033
- SPECIALIZATION: Government Contract Consulting Firm, Agency Supplier Diversity Training and Procurement, Government Contract Protocol, Socioeconomic Certification Consulting, Professional Development Training
- FEDERAL QUALIFICATIONS: LEVEL 1 Federal Contract Certification awarded by VETBIZ.GOV
- EMPLOYEES (FTE’s and Independents): 12
- NAICS: 541512, 541513, 541611, 541614, 541690, 541612, 561312, 334290, 453998, 561611, 561612, 611519